Mrs K Meeks 01691 623155
Our Mystery outing in September was a great success. We had an excellent lunch at the Broughton Arms, Balterley, then onto St. James Church, Audley where we were made very welcome by their Mothers' Union and Church members, who showed us around and gave us a talk about the Church.
The existence of this Church is first documented in the Foundation Charter of Hulton Abbey (Staffs) in 1223. The South aisle contained a Lady Chapel by 1369 and was the original site of the Brass to Sir Thomas Audley, a second Brass was set on the North wall of the Chancel, originally the Chancel Floor, commemorates William Abnett (d1628) of Wynbrook House in Audley.
Refreshments were given by Audley Mothers' Union. Mary gave the vote of thanks on behalf of all the travellers and to Connie for all her hard work in organising the trip.
Our next meeting is on 21st October at 2pm, when we will be having a talk and slides by Save the Family member.
Yours in fellowship,